Owners who have experienced the power of EMMETT 4 Animals regularly report a more relaxed, supple animal that demonstrates an enhanced willingness to work following the removal of obstacles hindering their comfort.
Some even go as far as to say that the animal seems to have undergone a personality transplant because they are so much happier. As humans we recognise how pain can distort our daily lives and without the benefit of verbal communication, the only way animals can express this discomfort is through behaviour.
Animal conditions that be successfully treated using EMMETT therapy include:
Horses and dogs are unable to communicate their discomfort verbally. It is only by exhibiting their compromised physical (and sometimes emotional) state that it will become apparent that there is a problem. Both horses and dogs will be constrained in their movement and consequently their performance, if their muscles are tight and restricted or if they are in discomfort. Animals tend to compensate to relieve pressure on the affected area and if left untreated this can lead to problems developing in other areas of the body.
Larri demonstrating how effective just one EMMETT move can be
As much as EMMETT can benefit a horse, if the rider is experiencing areas of tension or restriction it means that horse and rider are not in harmony, so the problems will continue. There is a clear relationship between supple horses who move freely and in balance, and riders who are flexible, and have good core strength. Conversely riders with physical issues of their own may restrict the horse’s movement or put muscles under strain. As a result, when we visit a horse we may often end up treating the rider too!
EMMETT 4 Horses Short Course
- How good would it be if we taught you how to assess your horse? To identify restrictions and even more important how to easily release that restriction – even on the day of an important competition.
- Would you like to learn a therapy where horses love your touch and come back for more because it feels so good?
- Larri Davison Bowes and I have joined forces to teach the EMMETT 4 Horses 1 day introductory course.
- Come and join us for an EMMETT 4 Horses Short Course at Horse Haven near Lampeter, West Wales, and we will teach you four corrections for horses and two for riders.
- You will learn simple and gentle, yet effective moves with great benefits for both horses and people in a unique learning environment with a fantastic group of four legged teachers.
- The course contains 6 moves which have been specially selected from the Emmett 4 Horses Practitioner Course.
- Course dates can be found on the EMMETT UK website.
With thanks to Tony Sherry of E.C.H. Therapies for guidance with the wording on this page.
The Veterinary Act (1966) states it is illegal for any person, other than the owner of the animal, to treat an animal unless the permission of the animal's Veterinary Surgeon is sought and obtained. Therefore to protect your horse’s or dog’s welfare veterinary consent (written or verbal) must be gained prior to EMMETT therapy.
If any circumstance should arise that is deemed outside of our professional remit, we will duly refer your horse or dog back to your vet for further assessment.