Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather when you email me via my website, why, and what your rights are.
- Therapist’s Name:
- Annie Zakiewicz
- Complementary Therapies qualified to offer:
- EMMETT Technique
- EMMETT 4 Horses
- Contact Details:
- Telephone No: 01570 493295 &
- Mobile No: 07779 107521
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Pentrefelin Cottage, Cellan, Lampeter, Ceredigion SA48 HY
- Data Controller Contact Details:
- Annie Zakiewicz
- Contact details as above
The Purpose of processing Client Data:
In order to give professional reflexology and/or EMMETT treatments, I need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informed treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
I take basic contact details and information via this website to allow me to contact you to handle appointments.
Lawful Basis for Holding and Using Client Information:
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR), I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is:
- My legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
- My requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons
- ‘Claims occurring’ insurance
- Law regarding children’s records
- The Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) requirements to retain information
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is:
“For me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.”
What Information I Hold and What I Do With It:
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for formulating reflexology and/or EMMETT treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will make after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (unless required for legal process) without your explicit consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for:
I will retain your information for the following periods:
- Adults: For 7 years after the last treatment
- Children: For 7 years after the child reaches the age of 18
- However: My registration, as a reflexologist, with The Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) requires me to extend my retention period to 8 years.
Protecting Your Personal Data:
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Treatment information or information related to your health
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:.
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
- if you don’t agree to me keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow me to use the information in the way I need to for your treatments, I may not be able to treat you
- I am required to keep your records of treatment for the designated period described above, which may mean that even if you ask me to erase any details about you, I will have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- I can move my records between my computer and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.